Remember our Golden rule
Cut down calories and Not food and keep metabolic rate high to lose more weight.
1. Build Your Strength.
- Strength training increases cardiovascular fitness, strengthens and empowers joints & bones, builds muscle, improves flexibility, it also helps one to lose fat.
- Maintain your Muscle. More strength is more muscle. Strength training builds muscle and prevents muscle loss so you don’t get skinny + fat. They help you burn your fat. Strength training keeps your metabolic rate high and prevents it from going down when dieting. This means more fat loss. For strehgth training exercises read here
2. Eat Healthy And Unprocessed Food.
- Eat whole, unprocessed foods 90% of the time. Eat whole foods in their natural state, without added sugars, fats, sauces. Buy raw foods and cook them yourself.
- Increase Protein intake because they are necessary to build & maintain muscle so you don’t get skinny + fat. Protein also satiates and has the highest thermic effect. Eat a whole protein source with each meal: beef, poultry, fish, dairy, whey, etc Veggies & Fruits. Keep your stomach full, but with low calorie food. Also high in fiber, water, vitamins & minerals. Eat veggies & fruits with each meal like spinach, broccoli, asparagus, apples, oranges, etc.
- Take healthy fat because healthy fats help fat loss: they slow down digestion process. Healthy fats include: fish oil, olive oil, mixed nuts.
- You feel hungry when you are thirsty, so have more water. Avoid soda, alcohol and fruit juice. Drink 2 cups water with each meal and have water during your workout. Green tea and water with squeezed lemon are fine.
3. Eat Grains After Your Workout Only.
- Grains like pasta or rice are high calorie foods. 100g blank pasta has over 350kcal while 100g broccoli has only 35kcal. Take grains only when done with your workout, this will limit your caloric intake.
- Eat Less Starches. Eat proteins, veggies, fruits & healthy fats with each meal. Carbs from veggies & fruits are OK, this isn’t a zero carb fat loss diet.
- Don’t eat starchy carbs except post workout. No Workout = No Carbs. If you do strength training 3x per week, you can eat starchy carbs 3x per week post workout. Whole carbs promote fat loss and take longer to digest. . Eat whole carbs only: brown rice, whole grain pasta, whole grain bread, etc
4. Last but not the Least – Eat More!
- Take small meals after every two hours. Frequent meals prevent hunger by keeping your blood sugar stable. Frequently taken smaller meals decrease your stomach size over time, which means you’ll feel full sooner. Eat every 2 or 3 hours.
- Have a filling Breakfast. Build the habit of eating breakfast and try one of these breakfast recipes. Cook your food for the day while making breakfast. Eat Every 3 hours. 6 smaller meals per day instead of 3 large ones. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, pre-bed and 2 snacks.
So we will now replace
Readers of this post, also read: